Stinger is a tall, lean-built young man with spiky black hair. He wears a tight black suit, which appears to be made of bandages. He carries a large spear with him that has a brown handle and a large spearhead at the end.
Stinger is a confident and charismatic individual who takes pride in both his hero rank and popularity in polls. He seems to overestimate the threat level of monster, thinking he defeated a God level threat, only to be a somewhat strong Tiger level one. However, he is not reckless. He did not utilize one of his signature moves against the Seafolk until the bystanders had vacated from the area. He also stopped his attack from hitting a fellow hero that Garou used as a shield. Surprisingly, he endured attacks from multiple Seafolk on purpose in order to buy time for the civilians to escape the fighting scene, showing a more selfless side of him.
He is happy to work together with other heroes, and is unwilling to abandon them when they're in danger; he rushed to Glasses' aid when Garou was beating him up, and also helped Lighting Genji stand on his feet after he was struck by a Demon-level monster. However, he is susceptible to goading and is quick to react to taunts.
Abilities and Powers
As a high ranking A-Class hero, Stinger is a very skilled and powerful fighter. He is able to defeat six monsters of disaster level Tiger on his own at the same time, which is impressive considering that it takes an S-Class hero to take on 10. Against Demon level monsters he is not helpless either, as he was able to severely damage the Demon-level monster child Grizzly Nyah with a single thrust of his spear. This is impressive considering that it takes an S-Class hero to beat a Demon level threat. Okame-Chan estimated his body strength to be 1600, which is higher than Darkness Blade and a bear, but lower than Child Emperor and Great Philosopher. He was able to reach the top ten of the A-Class within six months of joining the Hero Association.
Enhanced Strength: Stinger has enough power to mutilate and kill multiple Tiger-level monsters of the Seafolk with single spear thrusts, as well as being able to sever the arm of the Demon-level monster child Grizzly Nyah with a single thrust of his spear as well.
Enhanced Speed and Reflexes: Stinger possesses decent speed and reflexes. He was fast enough to kill multiple Tiger-level monsters before they were able to react and was also fast enough to land attacks on a child Grizzly Nyah, although this was while the monster was stunned thanks to the attack of Lightning Genji. He was able to react and stop the mid-air charge from Garou against Gun Gun and proved fast enough to attack and barely miss Garou, albeit the Hero Hunter was weakened at the time.
Enhanced Endurance and Durability: Stinger showed admirable stamina and durability, as he was able to endure attacks of six Tiger-level Seafolk on his own in order to buy enough time for the civilians to escape the fight scene, while enduring attacks and ultimately coming out on top. It was stated that he held back and purposedly tanked attacks from the Seafolk to allow the civilians to escape. Additionally, he was able to survive a powerful punch from the Deep Sea King, which is impressive considering that he's a Demon-level monster, and Stinger had already been quite injured and is only an A-Class hero. He also survived a serious beating from Garou, who was capable of knocking out and dismembering higher-ranked A-Class heroes without needing to use Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist.
Expert Spearman: Stinger is very adept at using his bamboo shoot spear. He took down multiple Seafolk, a considerable feat considering their disaster level of Tiger. He was also able to take the limb of a Demon-level monster with one attack of his spear.
- Gigantic Drill Stinger (ギガンテイシクドリルスティンガー, Gigantikku Doriru Sutingā): Stinger thrusts his spear forward. At this point, the spearhead of his weapon begins to spin and is capable of ripping completely through an enemy. This attack is capable of killing multiple Tiger-level threats with one hit, and also was shown being able to severely injure a Demon-level monster. Garou compared this attack to the Explosive Velocity Thrust of Unihorn, Super Mouse and Showerhead.
- Quadruple Thrust (四連突き, Shirentsuki): After spinning his spear in a helicopter motion to launch himself in the air, Stinger makes four powerful strikes of his Gigantic Drill Stinger almost instantaneously. This attack was shown able to kill multiple Tiger-level threats with ease and without giving them time to react to his attack.
Bamboo Shoot: Stinger wields a large spear with a brown handle and a bamboo shoot spearhead. The outer layer can be peeled, revealing a smoother interior. He replaces the bamboo shoot spearhead before missions. The bamboo shoots used for his spears are cultivated on his family's farms.
- Stinger was originally designed wearing a vest, sash, and a metal plate, but was redrawn by Murata wearing just the black suit to resemble the original design in the webcomic.
- According to the databook:
- What he likes are his beloved Bamboo Shoot, fan letters, and chop suey.
- What he dislikes are thugs who just take vegetables from unmanned stalls.
- His hobbies are digging up bamboo shoots, swimming in the ocean, and grooming his hair.
- His family consists of farmers.
- The bamboo shoots he uses in his spear are cultivated in his family's farms and he changes them for each new mission.
- When the spear hits the enemy, slowly, the bamboo shoots start to peel themselves. If it's completely skinned it's a sign of a hard-fought battle.
- The origin of his hero name comes from the spear he uses and his straightforward attitude.
- Stinger has a higher rating than many A-Class heroes who outrank him.
- Stinger is also the only A-Class hero thus far who took on multiple Tiger-level monsters and came out victorious.
- In the 2017 One Punch Man Halloween cover, Stinger was depicted as an egyptian mummy, getting his hair cut off by Atomic Samurai.