Smile Man is a lean muscular man with short brown hair that peaks out from his headcover. He wears a red bodysuit and a black mask. His bodysuit and belt have a smiley face.
Smile Man is a realist, who is aware of the Hero Association's ranking and the attitudes of the heroes who usually join it. He's not arrogant, very cautious, and calm individual as he wasn't agitated when he was suddenly attacked by a Demon-leveled Fist Fight Djinn.
Appearances in Other Media
Smile Man was among the many heroes summoned by McCoy to combat the monster that was devastating the Z-City police station. He arrives at the scene late, after Saitama has already killed the monster.
Smile Man and his brothers defeat Macho Daikon then face off against Withered Sprout, a monster believed to be a Wolf level threat, but turns out to be a Dragon level threat. However, in the time it took for him to notice, his brothers Angry Man and Crying Man were both incapacitated as well as himself. All three are then saved when Saitama shows up and kills Withered Sprout.
Abilities and Powers
As an A-Class hero, Smile Man is a skilled and powerful fighter. He defeated a Demon-level threat with help from his brothers - though they doubted the monster was actually worthy of that threat level.
Enhanced Speed and Reflexes: Smile was able to dodge a freezing attack from the Withered Sprout.
Kendama Combatant: Smile Man uses his kendama in combat to perform mid-ranged attacks. His secret moves are all based on tricks with the kendama. He can freely control the kendama for both attack and defense.
- Round-the-World Beatdown (暴走世界一周, Bōsō Sekai Isshū): He moves the kendama in a wide motion, smashing everything in the vicinity.
- World-Shattering Spin (地球破壊回し, Chikyū Hakai-mawashi): Smile Man launches his kendama with a spin at incredible speeds.
Kendama: Smile Man's weapon of choice. It is a giant kendama with a smiley face on its ball. He is very skilled at wielding it.
- Despite his hero name, Smile Man has actually never smiled within the series. Rather, he maintains a blank, emotionless face, much like Saitama and Watchdog Man.
- His design, fight style, and even weapon are theorized to be a reference to the Mexican character: "El Chapulín Colorado", also a superhero parody created by the late comedian Roberto "Chespirito" Gómez Bolaños.
- In the 2017 One Punch Man Halloween cover, Smile Man was depicted as a sad clown holding a large number of balloons having his own face, aside from one balloon having ONE's face. The faces on the balloons might be a reference to Junji Ito's story The Face Burglar, whereas the clown appearance and the balloons themselves might be referencing Pennywise, a famous clown from Stephen King's novel It.