Royal Ripper was a humanoid monster wrapped almost completely in bandages, having exposed only his right eye and his long dark disheveled hair. Over his wrappings, he wore a worn-out tattered red dress and flat black shoes. Instead of hands, he had a pair of long and sharp straight blades that he sometimes used to scratch the floor in a menacing manner. Royal Ripper's inside was nothing like that of a normal human, but a mixture of hair, blood, and gauze.
Royal Ripper was a sadistic monster with a very strong drive towards torture and killing. He was shown to get excited over cutting apart anyone, enemies and allies alike. He experienced intense sadism towards children, and Black Sperm was not surprised when Royal Ripper disappeared with Tareo, remarking that "He couldn't hold back his urges." Phoenix Man described him as an "a one-of-a-kind psycho who kills for pleasure," so much so that even other monsters avoided going anywhere near him.
He even stated to Tareo that he didn't care for the Monster Association, as his only goal in life was to slaughter other creatures.
He was very psychotic, yet childish, referring to his fellow monsters with honorifics in a rather playful manner. Although he enjoyed toying with his opponents, he could easily be overwhelmed by his killing instincts as shown when he attacked a distracted Garou from behind and continued to viciously slash at him despite the latter already being down.
Royal Ripper confronts the Hero Hunter when he questioned whether he was truly a monster. As proof of Garou being a monster, Royal Ripper demanded Garou to murder Tareo. However, Royal Ripper's urges for killing children soon take over, ultimately resulting in Royal Ripper and Bug God fighting Garou.
Despite the combined efforts of Royal Ripper and Bug God, Garou managed to fend them off. However, Sludge Jellyfish took Tareo hostage, distracting Garou and allowing Royal Ripper and Bug God to attack. After cutting Garou severely, Royal Ripper is stopped by Bug God. Believing Garou to be dead, Royal Ripper leaves with Bug God and Sludge Jellyfish, with Tareo as a captive.
Royal Ripper takes Tareo to the Monster Association base and puts him in the same cell as Waganma. He tells the two to play nice, and momentarily leaves in order to regain his strength. He eventually returns to the cell and chooses Tareo to torture for his pleasure. After threatening the boy, he decides to begin the torture but is interrupted by Garou. Garou breaks through the wall and quickly kills Royal Ripper by punching off his head and using the Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist to rip his body apart. After his death, his bandages are used by Garou to wrap his wounds up.
Abilities and Powers
As a Demon-level threat, Royal Ripper was a very powerful monster. Together with Bug God, he was able to fight on equal footing with Garou for a long period of time. However; Garou stated that Royal Ripper was nowhere near as strong as Bang and the Hero Hunter still believed that he could have been able to defeat him. Royal Ripper also later managed to put Garou in a near-death state, albeit the latter was caught off-guard and Royal Ripper himself was injured during the battle, as noted by Gyoro Gyoro.
Immense Speed & Reflexes: Being a Demon-level monster, Royal Ripper was naturally fast. He was able to swiftly kill the monsters attempting to attack Narinki's Private Squad. He was also capable of keeping up with Garou in combat, who has proven able to move faster than some A-Class heroes could see, and managed to quickly sneak behind him, while the Hero Hunter was distracted, and land a serious slash.
Immense Strength: As a Demon-level Mysterious Being, Royal Ripper was very powerful. He was able to slash apart multiple monsters with his blades. Along with Bug God, he was capable of defeating and putting Garou in a near-death state, albeit with the help of a distraction.
Enhanced Durability: Royal Ripper was able to take a direct kick from Garou in the stomach that knocked him away and recover in little time.
Enhanced Senses: Royal Ripper was capable of smelling the presence of humans near him.
Joint Reallocation: Royal Ripper has been shown to reallocate his joints to have movement with more degrees of freedom. This allowed him to move his blades more freely while making his blade arms less of an inconvenience.
Expert Swordsman: Royal Ripper was very skilled with the blades that were in the place of his hands. He made multiple erratic slashes in combat.
|Royal Ripper and Bug God vs. Garou||89||None||Win|
|Royal Ripper vs. Garou||92||None||Loss|
- (To Garou) "Hero Hunter... Are you just a weirdo who gets high on pretending to be a monster? Or are you the real thing?"
- "It's 2 on 1...? Not to mention, facing us... You're pretty strong."
- (To Waganma) "Free him? No, no... We're going to my room... so we can play."
- (To Tareo) "I hate to tell you, but... the heroes only care about that kid. So no heroes are coming to your rescue. No one even knows about you..."
- (To Tareo) "I was never interested in this war. Even if monsters don't run the world... I can release my urge to shred flesh! Only killing makes life worthwhile. And I've got my eye on you!"
- He is known as an urban legend monster in the Hero Guide book and he shows up at dawn to kidnap children.
- ONE stated that Royal Ripper's inside is nothing like that of a normal human, but a mixture of hair, blood, and gauze.
- In the original webcomic, he was sent by the Monster Association, together with Senior Centipede and Bug God, to save Garou from the incursion perpetrated against him by Bang and Bomb (and also Genos that was fighting him at the scene). After Garou was appointed by the Association to kill 100 humans to prove his monsterish nature, Bug God, Royal Ripper, and Senior Centipede followed the human monster to watch over his actions; when they discovered that Garou didn't want to abandon his humanity and was also defending a child, Busaiku, they attacked him and tried to kill the child.
- Royal Ripper's name is a clear reference to Jack the Ripper (切り裂きジャック, Kirisaki Jakku).