|This article is a stub. You can help One-Punch Man Wiki by expanding it.|
ONEBUKURO 1 is the first One-Punch Man collaboration book with Yusuke Murata and ONE, providing some behind-the-scenes details on the drawing process of the One-Punch Man manga series. This is the first of three ONE-BUKURO books (see ONEBUKURO 2 and ONEBUKURO 3).
- Murata scrapped several versions of Saitama's introduction scene.
- In an early version, Saitama's outfit consisted of World War II German army pants and boots.
- Murata went through several more revisions, modifying Saitama's outfit and facial expressions to closely match the webcomic.
- Murata changed Fukegao's reaction to Marugori destroying a town with one blow, feeling that the original "shocked to the point of near collapse" expression didn't match the scaled-up attack.
- Murata says Marugori's first design felt "too exposed." For a second draft, he drew inspiration from the creature designs of H.R. Giger, which were used in the movie Prometheus, and adopted the shading technique of Akira Toriyama.
- Murata's says his first designs of the Subterraneans looked comical and weak. He attributes this to his habit of drawing characters like mascots, which he developed during his time as the artist of Eyeshield 21. He also says that no matter how cute a monster's design is, there is a sense of terror associated with it, so he had to be mindful of that when redesigning.
- Murata paid a lot of attention to Saitama's expressions during his fight with the Subterraneans.