Melzargard (メルザルガルド, Meruzarugarudo) was an alien and a general of the Dark Matter Thieves. He served as a secondary antagonist during the Alien Conquerors Arc. He was killed by 4 S-Class heroes, with Silver Fang landing the finishing blow.
Melzargard is a rather frightening alien, with pale gray skin and blood-red eyes that only serve to unhinge its opponents. Its body is large and able to change shape to hulking masses. Melzargard has multiple heads, each of which is able to separate and form its own body. Each head has a small, marble-sized orb inside of it which allows him to regenerate; without it, the head dies.
Each of Melzargard's heads possesses a different personality and speech pattern.
- One head speaks only in broken, simplified language.
- Another repeatedly praises the other heads, calling every suggestion by other heads a "good idea."
- One head is analytic and observant of its surroundings and the creatures within it.
- One heads is violent and constantly suggests killing anything opposing it.
- The last head is somewhat in charge of the other ones, taking action based on the other heads' suggestions.
It should be noted that as the number of heads decreases, the remaining heads become somewhat more intelligent in speech pattern. Intelligence and personality traits may be divided amongst the heads. All of the heads appear to have a bloodlust, and each of them sadistically taunts their opponents while fighting them.
Hero Association SagaEdit
Alien Conquerors ArcEdit
Melzargard is the first member of the Dark Matter Thieves shown, cutting the Sky King in half with little effort. Melzargard almost kills both a father and son, who survived the initial bombing of A-City, by shapeshifting his fingers only to have them cut off by Iaian. Shortly after, he attacks Iaian, attempting to squish his head. After taking a few slashes from Iaian, he releases a punch that blows off Iaian's arm alongside a large sum of the land behind him. He then began splitting into five beings.
Atomic Samurai appears alongside other S-Class heroes in an attempt to slay Melzargard. Iaian states that Melzargard cannot be killed by conventional methods, but the heroes continue to fight anyway, stating that they are only used to their methods of dealing damage.
Geryuganshoop contacts Melzargard shortly after, ordering him to return to the ship and take care of an intruder on board that had taken out a large sum of the equipment and workers on board. Melzargard states that he cannot at that moment and asks for support from the cannons. One of the heads attempts to fly to the ship, but Metal Bat knocks it out of the sky, smashing it apart over and over. After a few strikes, Metal Bat notices a small marble object in the head. The head tells it to let go of the marble, but Metal Bat proceeds to crush the marble, and the head begins to liquify and dies. He tells the other heroes to aim for the marble, and they begin doing so, shifting the tide of the battle.
After all but two heads have been destroyed, the cannon fire begins. However, the shells are stopped and reflected back at the ship by Tatsumaki. Enraged, Melzargard attempts to attack again, but his strikes are stopped by Puri-Puri Prisoner, allowing Bang to take out one of the two remaining heads. Melzargard retaliates by hitting Bang directly, sending him flying through the air, bouncing off of debris and into a concrete wall.
He proclaims that humans are weak enough to be killed in one strike, then states that if he focuses on offense rather than defense, the fight will end instantly. He then states to Atomic Samurai that he will die next, and after a brief bout with the swordsman, is surprised by the presence of Bang, who approaches from behind relatively unharmed. While he's momentarily distracted, Atomic Samurai cuts Melzargard into many pieces with his Atomic Slash, and Melzargard attempts to regenerate himself head-first. However, Bang catches the marble inside Melzargard's head, stating that even a monkey would figure out Melzargard's head-first healing pattern after seeing it so many times, then destroys the marble, killing Melzargard's final head and ending the monster's life.
Abilities and PowersEdit
Due to his status as a dragon level threat and the fact it took 4 S-Class heroes and Iaian (a very strong A class hero) to defeat him, Melzargard was a very powerful being. However, he himself admits that the heroes were rather persistent and he was unable to easily finish off the 4 S-class heroes.
Regeneration (再生能力, Saisei Nōryoku): Melzargard boasts a borderline invulnerability due to his ability to regenerate no matter what damage is dealt to his body. The only way to effectively kill him is to destroy all five marbles in his body, which can be anywhere in the body after regeneration, but are found in the head during regeneration. He stated it took him over 100 years to grow one of the heads, implying he has the capability to create the orbs himself.
Body Separation (分裂, Bunretsu): Melzargard is composed of five bodies, each equal in strength and capable of shapeshifting. Splitting allows him to attack from multiple areas, but staying together (合体, Gattai) as one body multiplies damage output by the number of bodies together.
Shapeshifting (変形, Henkei): Melzargard is capable of forming wings, hammers, and blades from his body as well as extra limbs, allowing him to attack from any point on his body and deal more damage when doing so.
- Flight: Using his shapeshifting abilities, Melzargard creates wings that allow him to fly without difficulty and give him enough speed and maneuverability to kill the Sky King and his subordinates. His smaller head was also able to create small bat wings to try and fly up to the ship during his battle with the S-class heroes.
Immense Strength: Melzargard showed the ability to cut the Sky King down in a single strike, as well as throw a punch strong enough to blow away Iaian's arm alongside a large sum of the land behind him. Not only that, but a single hit managed to temporarily take Bang, one of the strongest S-class heroes, out of commission.
Immense Speed: Despite his large body, Melzargard is extremely fast, easily being able to nearly kill Iaian, a top ranking Class A hero, multiple times while toying with him. Although Melzargard was relatively able to keep up with S-Class heroes in speed, he was still shown to be unable to outpace or outmatch the speeds of Atomic Samurai and the other S-Class heroes, implying while his speed is considerably great, it's still about equal if not slightly below that of the S class heroes.
|Melzargard vs. Iaian||31, 32||10||Interrupted by Atomic Samurai|
|Melzargard vs. Atomic Samurai, Bang, Metal Bat and Puri-Puri Prisoner||32, 33, 34||10, 11, 12||Melzargard is killed|
- Murata states that if Melzargard, Groribas and Geryuganshoop work together to fight against Orochi, even with preparation, they have almost no chance of winning.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 One-Punch Man Encyclopedia; One-Punch Man: Hero Perfection, page 154-155
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga and Anime; Chapter 34, and Episode 12
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 31, page 4-6
- ↑ One-Punch Man Anime; Episode 10
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 31, page 7-12
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 31, page 22-27
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 32, page 2-10
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 33, page 4-6
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 33, page 6-12
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 34, page 15-22
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 34, page 24-27
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 34, page 36-37
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 34, page 38-43
- ↑ One-Punch Man Stream; 2/6/2018