Lin Lin (リンリン, Rinrin; Viz: Ring-Ring) is a Martial Artist and user of the Palm Bell Fist.
Lin Lin is a young and small girl with a lean build and slender figure. She has dark hair braided and tied into loops with bangs that cover her forehead. She wears a maroon qipao style top with white arm warmers and a scarf. She accessorizes with bells on her hair, ears, and shoes. She has gray eyes (red in the anime).
Lin Lin is very eager, wanting her match to begin. She is also inquisitive, wanting to know more about Charanko (which was Saitama in disguise) and about Suiryu's abilities. Lin Lin later develops a fear of monsters, shivering at the thought of them.
Lin Lin participates in the Super Fight Tournament at the the C-City Super Stadium. This is the second time Lin Lin has participated in the tournament. Her first battle is against Max, who quickly knocks her out. She is then taken away on a stretcher.
After witnessing Saitama's (disguised as Charanko) compelling victory against Choze, Lin Lin audibly ponders why no one has ever heard of Charanko's unbelievable strength. During the match between Saitama and Suiryu, Lin Lin is present with Sour Face, Mentai, Zakos and watches they fight. She is later present at the closing ceremony, which is suddenly interrupted by The Three Crows and Gouketsu, who tells them they will become monsters.
Lin Lin and the other martial artists are given a choice to become monsters or die. Visibly frightened, she is shocked to see some of the fighters accept the offer. She later watches Suiryu fight the transformed martial artists and is saved by him from Choze's energy ball attack. When Suiryu considers becoming a monster, Lin Lin watches, frightened. She is relieved when it is shown that it was never his intention and cheers for Suiryu. Lin Lin is then knocked out by the crows along with the rest of the martial artists.
Lin Lin is later seen recovering in a hospital with Sour Face and Zakos, as they watch the news about the Monster Association. She, along with the other martial artists want to go aid the heroes, but Suiryu suggests they leave it to the pros instead.
Abilities and Powers
Not much is known about Lin Lin's strength. She is rumored to stand at the top of female martial artists. Additionally, she is shown to possess a large number of weapons which she is presumably proficient in using. However, she was beaten by Max without any trouble. She was also no match for a Demon-level threat like The Three Crows.
Enhanced Speed: Her movements are described to be lightning fast, and like a work of art.
Proficient Martial Artist: Rumored to stand at the top of female martial artists, Lin Lin should have enough skill for such rumors to be based on.
- Palm Bell Fist (掌鈴拳, Shōrin Ken; Viz: Fist of Palm Bells): Has not been shown yet. When fighting Max, Lin Lin leaped and performed a downward strike. The form is supposed to be very silent, capable of being performed without ringing a bell.
- Guandao: Lin Lin carries two polearms, the first of which is a fanciful Guandao with an ornament hanging from the back spike.
- Fangtian ji: Lin Lin's second polearm is a long spear with double crescent blades near the tip, resembling a traditional Shaolin Fangtian ji.
- Jian: She also carries an ornamental sword sheathed on her backside, with threads hanging from the hilt.
- Sai: Her fourth weapon is a sai, which she keeps tucked into her belt.
|Lin Lin vs. Max (Off screen)||61||17||Loss|
- In ONE's first storyboard, Lin Lin was Suiryu’s sister. During the finale of the tournament, Suiryu gets drunk, goes all out against Saitama, but loses. Afterward, Lin Lin comforts him, telling him to work harder in the future. This setting was scrapped because a drunkard vs Gouketsu was deemed too comical and they wanted to show despair. Murata didn’t say who changed the setting.
- In the 2017 One Punch Man Halloween cover, Lin Lin was depicted as a jiangshi along with Bomb and Blue Fire, sealed by Bang through an ofuda, a Japanese traditional paper talisman. She wears a white keikogi with a pink belt and bells hanging from her pigtails, her earlobes, and the cuffs of her pants. This was also her first appearance in colour, before the anime.
- Eventually, ONE uses the idea concept of Suiryu’s sister to create Suiko.
|Heroes||Bang • Max • Sneck|
|Villains||Garou • Gouketsu † • Bakuzan † • Benpatsu * • Choze † • Hamukichi * • Volten * • Rosie † • Fist Fight Djinn †|
|Unaffiliated||Bazuzu • Bomb • Charanko • Dave • Gatlin • Jakumen • Lin Lin • Mentai • Sour Face • Suicho † • Suiko • Suiryu • Zakos|