Kamakyuri (カマキュリー, Kamakyurī) was an artificial mutant created by Dr. Genus. He is an advanced form of praying mantis, and purported to be among the stronger specimens of the House of Evolution. He was killed by Saitama.
Kamakyuri was a tall humanoid creature with many insect-like qualities. He was encased in a segmented, thorny exoskeleton, with clawed feet and serrated, scythe-like forelegs, similar to those of a praying mantis. Mandibles protruded on each side of his mouth, and the top of his skull was transparent and reflective, revealing his brain.
After witnessing Saitama instantly kill Mosquito Girl, Dr. Genus takes great interest in him as a human specimen, and sends Kamakyuri, Armored Gorilla, Beast King, Ground Dragon, Frog Man, and Slugerous to abduct him for further research.
While Genos and Saitama are lounging in the latter's apartment, Kamakyuri attempts an ambush by crashing down through the ceiling. He begins to introduce himself, but is killed instantly by an irritated Saitama, who demands he pays for the damage. Outside, Slugerous senses Kamakyuri's demise telepathically, while Frog Man notes that he was one of their stronger members.
Abilities and PowersEdit
According to Frog Man, Kamakyuri was one of the stronger members of the House of Evolution, though he was only a Tiger level threat. Unfortunately, he never had the chance to display the full scale of his abilities as he was killed instantly by Saitama in mid-sentence.
|Kamakyuri vs. Saitama||7||2||Loss|
- Nobody in the House of Evolution knows why his most vulnerable point is in plain sight.
- The name contains the Japanese words "kama" (鎌, sickle; and is a play on "kamakiri" (蟷螂, mantis).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 One-Punch Man Encyclopedia; One-Punch Man: Hero Perfection, page 116-117
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 7, page 14
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga and Anime; Chapter 7, and Episode 2
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 7, page 7
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 7, page 13