Great Philosopher has a look that is highly reminiscent of the stereotypical look of an ancient Greek scholar. He has black bands covering his hands and a large white beard accompanied by flowing white hair. He typically carries around a large book. He has a large vein coming down his bicep and has an athletic build.
True to his name, he appears to be a very stern and analytical individual. Unlike many other heroes and people in general, Great Philosopher actually tries to understand monsters and asks them about their feelings and intentions. However, they never give him an actual response, and as a result, he always kills them with his book.
Appearances in Other MediaEdit
Pork Cutlet BowlEdit
Great Philosopher was among the many heroes summoned by McCoy to combat the monster that was devastating the Z-City police station. He arrives at the scene late, after Saitama has already killed the monster.
Abilities and PowersEdit
Being an A-Class hero, Great Philosopher is a skilled and powerful fighter. When Child Emperor scanned him with Okame-Chan, he scored 2442 losing only to the bottom half of the Jumping Spider and Saitama.
Immense Strength: He appears to possess a good amount of raw strength, being able to deliver an attack with presumably a strength of 3 tons.
Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Great Philosopher primarily relies on his physical strength and skill in close-quarters combat during battles. He was also seen using his large book as a blunt weapon during combat.
- 3 Tons Philosophy (3t哲学全書, 3t Tetsugaku Zensho): Great Philosopher swings his book in a downward motion with great force. The full effect of this attack has not been seen yet.
Book: Great Philosopher wields a large book, which he uses as a weapon in combat.
|Great Philosopher, Stinger, Darkness Blade, and Red Muffler vs Jumping Spider||Numbers||None||Loss|
- Great Philosopher always tries to understand the feelings of the monsters. Because he never receives an answer, he ends up killing them with his book.
- ↑ One-Punch Man Omake; Pork Cutlet Bowl
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Numbers
- ↑ One-Punch Man Webcomic; Chapter 126, page 2
- ↑ One-Punch Man Webcomic; Chapter 126, page 3