Great Philosopher (大哲人, Dai Tetsujin) is an A-Class Rank 13 hero for the Hero Association.
Great Philosopher has a look which is highly reminiscent of the stereotypical look of an ancient Greek scholar. He has black bands covering his hands and a large white beard accompanied by flowing white hair. Typically, he carries around a large book.
Along with that, he has a large vein coming down his bicep and has an athletic build.
True to his name, he appears to be a very stern and analytical individual. Unlike many other heroes and people in general, Great Philosopher actually tries to understand monsters and asks them about their feelings and intentions. However, they never give him an actual response, and as a result, he always kills them with his book.
Appearances in Other MediaEdit
Pork Cutlet BowlEdit
He was one of the many heroes who tried to attack the monster that was devastating a police station in order to get a lot of credit, since it was an important emergency. However, he arrives at the scene after Saitama has already killed the monster.
Abilities and PowersEditGreat Philosopher is a high ranked A-Class hero, and can be considered to be decently powerful. When Child Emperor scanned him with Okame-Chan he scored 2442 losing only to the bottom half of the Jumping Spider and Saitama.
Immense Strength: He appears to possess a good amount of raw strength, being able to deliver an attack with presumably a strength of 3 tons.
Fighting Style Edit
Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Great Philosopher primarily relies on his physical strength and skill in close-quarters combat during battles. He was also seen using his large book as a blunt weapon during combat.
- 3 Tons Philosophy (3t哲学全書, 3t Tetsugaku Zensho): Great Philosopher swings his book in a downward motion with great force. The full effect of this attack has not been seen yet.
Book: Great Philosopher wields a large book, which he uses as a weapon in combat.
Major Battles Edit
|Great Philosopher, Stinger, Darkness Blade, and Red Muffler vs Jumping Spider||Numbers||None||Loss|
- Great philosopher always tries to understand the feelings of the monsters. As he never receives an answer, he ends up killing them with his book.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 One-Punch Man Encyclopedia; One-Punch Man: Hero Perfection, page 94
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Pork Cutlet Bowl
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Numbers