Genji is a rather short and youthful man with black hair and clear eyes. He wears a protective armor-like suit, with some tubes going in and out, marked with a sign resembling the radioactive logo. He also has a cap, with goggles and a mouth mask resembling that of an aviator's.
As the higher-ups of the Hero Association discuss the status on the cities, Lightning Genji was mentioned as a superhero in charge of D-City. His report on the city was that there is still reconstruction due to the incident caused by Marugori.
Appearances in Other MediaEdit
Lightning Genji, Stinger, Genos, Peach Terry, and Heavy Kong were assigned to secretly take care of Grizzly Nyah. Lightning Genji and Stinger were able to take care of one of the children, but had to ultimately run away from the mother. Lightning Genji stunned the Grizzly Nyah, while Stinger sliced its arm off.
Pork Cutlet BowlEdit
Lightning Genji was among the many heroes summoned by McCoy to combat the monster that was devastating the Z-City police station. He arrives at the scene late, after Saitama has already killed the monster.
Abilities and PowersEdit
Being an A-Class hero, Lightning Genji is a skilled and powerful individual. As he is in charge of a city, the Hero Association trust in his abilities. He managed to climb into the upper ranks of A-Class in only a year and is trusted by the Hero Association to go on secret missions. Together, he and Stinger managed to heavily injure a child Grizzly Nyah, who is a Disaster Level Demon monster. This is more impressive considering it usually takes an S-Class hero to take on a Demon level threat.
Enhanced Speed: Lightning Genji has been shown to be able to move very fast in battle as he was able to dodge a Grizzly Nyah's attack and climb the creature's arm.
Enhanced Strength: Attacking with both stun rods at once, Lightning Genji managed to harm a child Grizzly Nyah and break some of its fangs.
Enhanced Agility: Lightning Genji can perform impressive acrobatics to retreat to a safe position and kill his own speed.
Dual-wield Stun Rods Style: (スタンバトン二刀流, Sutanbaton Nitōryū) As its name suggests, it is a fighting style involving two stun rods. Lightning Genji was able to effectively use his rods to fight a child Grizzly Nyah. He is also skilled at wielding them like normal sticks in combat, holding his own against two Tiger Level monsters at the same time.
- Max Voltage: (電圧MAX, Den'atsu MAX) Lightning Genji hits his opponent with his stun rods with maximum voltage output. He can only use this technique a limited number of times. This is first used against a child Grizzly Nyah.
Stun Rods: Lightning Genji is seen to wield two combat sticks that are charged with electricity. Both sticks are fairly short.
Roller Skates: He uses a pair of roller skates during battles. His roller skates are linked with his battery.
|Lightning Genji vs. Electric Catfish Man and Maiko Plasma||59, 61||17||Loss|
|Lightning Genji and Stinger vs. Grizzly Nyah Child||Lost Cat||None||Win|
- The origin of his hero name comes from his fighting style with stun rods and his real name.
- His name and fighting style to use roller skates are possible references to an idol group Hikaru Genji (光ゲンジ, Hikaru Genji) in Japan.
- As Genji had risen up to A-rank within a year, he is given top secret missions by the Hero Association.
- His entire body design was done by Murata.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 One-Punch Man Encyclopedia; One-Punch Man: Hero Perfection, page 93
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 20, page 8
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 59, page 21
- ↑ One-Punch Man Omake; Lost Cat
- ↑ One-Punch Man Omake; Pork Cutlet Bowl
- ↑ One-Punch Man Omake; Lost Cat
- ↑ One-Punch Man Encyclopedia; One-Punch Man: Hero Perfection, page 203