|— Fubuki talking about herself and her sister.|
Fubuki (フブキ, Fubuki; Viz: Blizzard), also known by her hero alias Blizzard of Hell (地獄のフブキ, Jigoku no Fubuki; Viz: Hellish Blizzard) is the B-Class Rank 1 professional hero of the Hero Association. She is an esper, the younger sister of Tatsumaki, and the leader of the Blizzard Group, a B-Class hero faction. She and her sister are known as the Psychic Sisters (エスパー姉妹, Esupā shimai). Fubuki is currently trying to recruit Saitama into her group. She's also a self-declared member of the Saitama Group.
Fubuki is a young woman with a curvy figure, chin-length, dark green hair styled into a bob, and her eyes are light green. Her main attire consists of a long white fur coat, a dark green form-fitting dress, thigh-high black boots and several necklaces. Occasionally, she wears other outfits.
When Fubuki was younger, she was very self-conscious about her curves, particularly her breasts. Nowadays, Fubuki wears elegant, expensive clothing, as she believes in the saying, “clothes define the man”, giving her a rather posh and confident image.
On the outside, Fubuki is a cold-hearted, ambitious, confident individual who does not doubt her own abilities but understands her limits to an extent, causing her to not do anything irrational. She would do anything at all costs to secure her position as the top-ranked hero in B-Class, such as inviting possible threats like Saitama to join the Blizzard Group. If refused, she would attempt to ruthlessly take them down, becoming a prominent source of the "newbie crushing" that is commonly practiced by aspiring professional heroes.
However, despite Fubuki's psychic talents and potential, it has been shown that she internally harbors a massive inferiority complex, being insecure and frustrated at living in the shadow of her much more powerful older sister Tatsumaki. While she agrees with Genos that she is well capable of reaching the higher ranks of A-Class, she believes she could never reach the top of it, let alone reaching S-Class, due to Sweet Mask's gatekeeping at Rank 1 of A-Class preventing anyone from advancing to S-Class. As such, she gathered lower-ranked B-Class heroes, hoping she might one day surpass her sister through strength in numbers, as opposed to Tatsumaki who prefers to work alone.
Despite her insecurity, she carries a heroic nature within her when she was willing to sacrifice herself to buy time for Bang and Bomb to escape from Overgrown Rover, a Dragon-Level threat. She also demonstrated her selflessness yet again, by stepping up to save Genos from the brink of self-destruction, even though it took her a great physical toll.
Fubuki seems to be a charismatic leader, as many of her group members respect and care for her and are willing to risk their lives for her. In return, she cares deeply for the Blizzard Group members and relies heavily on them to advance in rank, despite her own talents in telekinesis.
Fubuki’s personality has overseen a massive change after meeting Saitama, who encouraged her to finally overcome her fears and weaknesses and find her determination to become stronger and advance into A-Class. She dedicates her days to be fully committed to seeing her organization's continued improvement and well-being. After thinking about true strength in the form of Saitama, Fubuki has come to understand her sister more and gather strong allies so she too can help Tatsumaki. Underneath her seemingly cold-hearted and insecure exterior is someone who truly cares about her sister and wants to save her from solitude and isolation, knowing well her responsibility as a hero. By the time the Monster Association executives begin to attack and Tatsumaki heads to fight them, Fubuki is ultimately shown to be extremely grateful for both Genos' and Bang's help in assisting her sister, even showing great concern for the cyborg's recklessness in doing so and being in great relief with tears in her eyes.
Like Tatsumaki, Fubuki is intelligent, yet unlike her sister, she is relatively more composed and level-headed and is shown to possess good deduction skills. However, her strong ego has constantly led to her desperately seeking attention and assuming authority without earning it sometimes.
Fubuki is also quite opportunistic, trying to recruit others to the Blizzard Group who catch her eye, such as many members of the Saitama Group; even declaring them in the Blizzard Group without them agreeing or even after outright refusal.
Abilities and Powers
Fubuki is the strongest among her group and her class, with Saitama being the only exception. She also claims to be capable enough to reach an upper rank in A-Class. However, she was easily defeated by the Demonic Fan and was knocked out. Physically, she appears to be no different than a normal person; Child Emperor's scanning device listed her at a mere "19" while many B-Class heroes are in the several hundreds, and A-Class in the thousands. It should be noted that the results of the device were later declared not reflective of the heroes' actual physical attributes and fighting ability. Beyond her fighting abilities, she has proven a fairly capable leader, able to lead a small army effectively and they, in turn, follow her orders completely.
She is also a fairly competent teacher when it comes to psychic abilities, as she taught every member of the Blizzard Group one psychic technique.
Psychokinesis: Fubuki possesses psychic powers. She has displayed the ability to block a powerful attack from a Dragon-level Mysterious Being, although she was visibly exhausted afterward and claimed not to be able to do it again. Moreover, she is able to sense when her sister is nearby or using large amounts of psychic power. Furthermore, Fubuki's versatility also lies in her vast array of abilities to provide support for her fellow heroes in combat situations.
- Psychic Barriers: Fubuki can erect psychic barriers to protect herself or allies. Her barriers were proven strong enough to protect Bang and Bomb from Overgrown Rover's energy blasts, albeit with difficulty, as Fubuki bleeds from her eyes after using the technique.
- Flight: Fubuki's psychokinesis is strong enough for her to levitate in mid-air, or even fly at quick bursts when needed.
- Organic-Body Enhancement (生体強化): Fubuki can temporarily strengthen organic parts of person's body, boosting their physical attributes like speed. This also removed Bang and Bomb's previous lingering pains and strains.
- Telepathy: Fubuki can use telepathy to psychically contact her sister.
- Energy Suppression: Fubuki can use her psychokinesis to suppress thermal motion, as demonstrated when she helped restabilise Genos’ overloading core, albeit taking a significant physical toll on her afterwards, knocking her out as a result.
- Organic Restoration: Fubuki can use her psychokinesis for restoring organic materials, as she demonstrated by essentially healing the organic portions of Genos' overheating body. She is also able to draw upon someone's strength in order to heal a person's injuries, as shown when she drew upon Bomb's strength to partially recover Tanktop Master via the use of her telekinesis.
Expert Psychic Combatant: Fubuki has been shown to mainly use her psychokinesis when engaged in combat, using graceful but also destructive techniques which include throwing rocks, pebbles, and various other items at her target. With agile movement thanks to her power of flight, coupled with quick thinking for improvisation, Fubuki is also able to manipulate her surroundings to her advantage to impede or crush enemies. A blue, glowing aura surrounding her body is generated whenever she uses her powers. Despite her experience, she still lacks some control over her strength. There have been a couple instances where she worries that she might have overdone her attacks.
- Hell Storm (地獄嵐, Jigoku Arashi): Fubuki’s signature move. This involves her surrounding the target with a strong tornado, drawing in rocks and nearby small objects to inflict damage along with the wind.
- Psychic Binding (念動金縛り, Nen-dō Kanashibari): An ability used to immobilise enemies. Fubuki has attempted to use the move on Tatsumaki to prevent her from returning to fight. However, Tatsumaki could easily free herself within seconds.
- Psychic Whirlwind (念流廻転嵐, Nen-ryū Kaiten Arashi): By making psychokinetic signals move in circles around her, Fubuki can create a whirlwind capable of harmlessly redirecting psychic attacks much stronger than her own, as she showed in her fight with Psykos. The technique also has a jamming effect: if another esper steps into the whirlwind, they will allegedly be unable to use their abilities. Fubuki developed this defensive technique in order to surpass her sister, Tatsumaki. Unfortunately, her sister had already developed that technique during her childhood, long before Fubuki did, and resisted its jamming.
- Psychic Strike (念打, Nen-da): By making a chopping motion with her hand, Fubuki can hit a nearby target on the back of the neck with her telekinesis, knocking them out.
- Hell Cluster (地獄団子, Jigoku Dango): Fubuki gathers debris from her surroundings and crushes the opponent with it.
Keen Intellect: Fubuki is shown to be an intelligent hero. She correctly deduced the current situation with the Monster Association without the communication system of the Hero Association working properly, while Saitama and the others were clueless.
Through her constant research and quest for versatility and innovation, Fubuki has learned things that not even her sister knows about, such as that resistance to psychokinesis is directly linked to one's willpower.
Box Cutter: She was seen using a box cutter as a last-resort melee weapon against Saitama.
- (To Saitama) "I won't hand over the position I worked so hard for!"
- (Referring to Saitama) "Why... are S-Classes blending in so well together with a B-Class? Can I be part of this too..."
- (Regarding Saitama Group) "Making Saitama's gang part of the Blizzard Group is more difficult than I expected..."
- (To Genos) "Leaders must always know how to behave like leaders."
- (To Tatsumaki) "I'll gather strong allies that even you can trust in. And then someday, I'll come for you... I won't leave you all by yourself. I'll save you, sister, in a way that you can't do by yourself... because I am... a hero."
- (Her thought on Blast) "Blast... You may have saved my sister's life... but... You've left a curse... on her heart."
- She is ranked second overall in the latest official character poll, beaten by a narrow margin by Saitama himself. This was unprecedented, due to her limited presence in the redrawn manga at the time of the vote.
- According to the databook:
- What she likes are being the top of B-Class and the Blizzard Group as well as brands that suit her style.
- What she dislikes are cheap items, heroes of lower rank that do not join the Blizzard Group, and traffic jams.
- Her hobbies are collecting high-heels, shopping, gathering high-ranked heroes, and self-training.
- Fubuki is her real name. The origin of her hero name comes from her raging winds that give birth to a visage of hell. As a result, "Hell" was added to her name.
- Despite being the more mature-looking, Fubuki is in fact 5 years younger than her sister Tatsumaki.
- In Murata's stream when describing what ethnicity the characters would be in the real world, Murata stated the Psychic sisters would be French due to their fashion sense.
- As a high schooler, Fubuki would normally stand with her back arched, due to old men constantly staring at her breasts.
- In some of his streamed drawing sessions, Murata appeared to draw Fubuki by referencing the body of AV idol Julia Kyoka, also known as Julia Boin.
- Fubuki and her name appear to be based on the yuki-onna, a yōkai famous for her breathtaking beauty that's said to appear in the middle of a blizzard:
- In the 2017 One Punch Man Halloween cover, Fubuki is depicted as a yuki-onna surrounded by her own henchmen, dressed as snowmen, another reference to the yōkai.
- As a child Fubuki is shown in a picture in her sister's flashback hugging a snowman doll.
- When Fubuki was young, she played with a ball resembling the Moon and a stuffed bunny. These two toys are both references to the moon rabbit.