Darkness Blade (ダークネスブレイド, Dākunesu Bureido) is a B-Class professional hero for the Hero Association, who was previously Rank 50.
Darkness Blade is a tall, young man. He has fairly long, unkempt hair and a large, X-shaped scar on his right cheek. He has narrow eyes with dark circles under them. Darkness Blade dressed in a black, decorated armor with many spikes and scales. Around his waist, he carried a black buckle with the scabbard of his sword attached.
Darkness Blade has an intimidating aura and is confident in his own strength. He speaks in a very sophisticated way, almost poetic and very heroic, but as commented on by Red Muffler, sounds pretty stupid. He has also shown during the Hero Costume Contest to be quite verbose in describing himself.
Magicicada Larva AttackEdit
When the 170,000-Year Magicicada Nymph attacks Z-City, Darkness Blade, Red Muffler and Grad School Graduate arrive to fight the monster but struggle to defeat it, so Darkness Blade orders them to fall back and spouts some heroic, though stupid-sounding words. His words were in vain, since the three heroes were quickly defeated by the creature and had to retreat to Shelter 7 all beat up, where they are booed at by the bystanders.
Human Monster SagaEdit
Monster Raid ArcEdit
Darkness Blade and a few other heroes fight against Do-S, but end up becoming her love slaves, before being knocked out by the Blizzard Group. While under Do-S' mind control, he was attacking Fubuki with the rest of the mind slaves, but was immobilized by Tatsumaki, who smashs him into a wall.
Appearances in Other MediaEdit
More than one and a half years after becoming a hero, Darkness Blade participates in the first Hero Costume Contest, but was given a score of 16 out of 30. Later Game-Berus attacked the contest area and Darkness Blade tried to fight it, but is pushed away and defeated in one attack and his armor broken.
Abilities and PowersEdit
Red Muffler stated that Darkness Blade is a promising rookie, over one and a half years before present events. Darkness Blade had also professed to be proficient in calligraphy and playing piano in the Hero Costume Contest. Okame-Chan measured his strength to be 759 stronger than the top half of Jumping Spider and Red Muffler but weaker than A-Class heroes and a bear.
Maryu Retsu Seishin Kyoken (魔流烈星震鏡剣, Ma-ryū Retsu Seishin Kyōken): A fighting style involving his skill with the sword. He usually slices his opponents in half.
Meteor Demon Violent Vibrating Mirror Sword (流星魔烈鏡震剣, Ryūsei Maretsu Kyōshinken): Darkness Blade, as his title suggests, wields a black longsword with a somewhat fantasy-like look. 
Armor: Darkness Blade's armor has a dark black color and is said to weigh 26 kilograms.
- "Let this merciless evil-slaying blade of mine tear through everything in its way."
|Darkness Blade, Dynamite Man, Saturn Man and Pandaman vs. Do-S||Chapter 61||Episode 17||Loss|
|Darkness Blade, Red Muffler and Grad School Graduate vs. 170,000-Year Magicicada Nymph||Summer||N/A||Loss|
|Darkness Blade vs. Game-Berus||Sense||N/A||Loss|
|Darkness Blade, Great Philosopher, Stinger and Red Muffler vs. Jumping Spider||Numbers||N/A||Loss|
- Darkness Blade is named after his weapon's appearance.
- His techniques names are so long that every-time he uses them he changes their name giving birth to new techniques.
- Darkness Blade's armor design seems to be heavily inspired on Cecil Harvey, the main character from Final Fantasy IV, more specifically the concept art of his Dark Knight armor made by Yoshitaka Amano.
- In addition, the Dark Knight class from the Final Fantasy series is called "Darkness Knight" in Japan.
- "Darkness Blade" is also a recurring weapon in the series, which is sometimes called "Darksteel Sword".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 One-Punch Man Encyclopedia; One-Punch Man: Hero Perfection, page 69
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 One-Punch Man Omake; Summer
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 61, page 2-6
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 64, page 30
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 65, page 21
- ↑ One-Punch Man Omake; Taste
- ↑ One-Punch Man Omake; Numbers
- ↑ One-Punch Man Omake; Taste