Charanko has messy, light-colored hair and wears a white karate gi. He also boasts a muscular frame, although this is hardly indicative of his strength, or lack thereof.
Charanko is a loudmouthed braggart, arrogantly challenging Saitama and Genos for their disinterest in Bang's martial art. He is ignorant of their ability. When Saitama comments on Bang's strength, Charanko speaks out again, eagerly describing his master's martial arts ability as well as his hero rank, only to be quickly silenced by his master's reprimand. Upon finding out why his master "expelled" him, he chose to ignore his warning, Charanko holds a sense of martial art's honor towards any fellow dojos in which his former fellow disciple, Garou, destroyed. Charanko likes pretty women, and dreamt on saving them.
However, it's revealed that he is in fact rather vain and selfish, as he only joined Bang's dojo in order to become more popular. When sparring with Garou back when the hero hunter was training in Bang's dojo, he immediately recoiled back upon seeing Garou throw a punch. Garou decides to pull his punch back, declaring him too weak to even be a punching bag. The hero hunter asks him what he'd do if Garou was a monster, and Charanko replies by saying he'd cry, beg and do anything to be spared, disgusting Garou. From that point on, Charanko became even less motivated to the point of almost ending his training, but after hearing from Garou's rampage, which caused all of Bang's disciples to quit, he found his motivation again and decided to start his training again.
Despite his flaws however, Charanko isn't a bad person, as he shows great respect and admiration for his master and would do anything to defend his honor and that of his dojo. After hearing about Garou's comeback as the "Human Monster", he decided to attack him to avenge his master's honor, despite Bang's warning. After being easily defeated by Garou again however, he becomes a bit more humbled.
The following section contains Webcomic spoilers. You have been warned, manga-only readers.
Charanko is a great fan of King and was excited to see him visiting Bang's dojo. His view of King is rather exaggerated however, as he sees King as a god and "a man beyond reality" and was greatly shocked when King confirmed that this isn't true (although his reaction actually came from a misinterpretion of King trying to confess the truth about himself to Bang).
Charanko requested apprenticeship at Bang's dojo with the hope of becoming popular with girls. Charanko became one of Bang's many students along with Sour Face and Garou, but was lowest in rank and was tasked to wipe the floor and feared his superiors. One day, Garou decided to spar with Charanko, but he immediately objects, saying that he's only a white belt. Garou's undeterred and insists Charanko attacks him. Charanko continues to reject a real sparring match, and in anger, Garou throws a punch. Charanko screams and recoils, yet Garou pulls his punch at the last second. The 17-year old mocks Charanko's weakness and asks him what he'd do if Garou was a monster. Charanko's response is that he'd cry, beg and do anything to be spared. Garou is visibly disgusted and tells him to get out of his sight. Charanko decided to quit the training since he didn't feel any stronger. As he entered the dojo, he notices Bang wiping the floor. When Bang proposed to train, Charanko asks where the other trainees are. After hearing they all quit, Charanko became Bang's top and only disciple, which motivated him to keep training.
Paradise Group ArcEdit
Hero Association SagaEdit
Alien Conquerors ArcEdit
Charanko appears when Bang demonstrates the Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist to Saitama and Genos and becomes enraged at their dismissal of the martial art, challenging them both but is quickly subdued by Genos. He then boasts about his master's strength when Saitama notes it, only to be cut off by said master, who reprimands him for speaking out of turn. When the S-Class heroes are called to the Hero Association Headquarters, Charanko is left in charge of the dojo.
Human Monster SagaEdit
Hero Hunt ArcEdit
While training with his master, Charanko felt that Bang wasn't behaving as usual. Later, Charanko is expelled from the dojo because Bang did not want him to be caught in the crossfire in his hunt for Garou. However, Bang gives the excuse that he had been holding him back for a past half-year and had not been doing anything. He later visits Bang's allies at Saitama's apartment to give a news about his master's strange attitude. Not only is he surprised that Saitama and Genos gained more allies, like King and Fubuki, he finds out that Bang's strange attitude was because of his former disciple, Garou who was still starting his hero hunt and was a large threat, being considered a human monster. Ignoring his master's warning, Charanko foolishly rushes Garou to avenge Bang and his dojo's honor, right after the Tank Topper Army and Mumen Rider were defeated. His master Bang arrives too late to catch Garou and somberly witnesses his disciple's beaten state.
Charanko survives the attack and is next seen in the hospital, heavily bandaged and with his leg and an arm in a cast. Saitama visits him to get advice on martial arts and Charanko advises him to start with the basics and see Bang, but Saitama refuses to impose due to Bang's old age. Charanko then takes out his ticket to the Super Fight tournament so that Saitama can go and observe various martial arts styles, cautioning him not to disguise himself to enter the tournament, but his words go unheeded.
Super Fight ArcEdit
Charanko is still recovering in the hospital, when it was suddenly attacked by a mysterious being.
Abilities and PowersEdit
Charanko seems to possess martial arts abilities but is never seen demonstrating them. It can be inferred that his martial arts skill is weak or relatively insignificant, as Genos was able to overpower him instantly, upon which he surrendered. Furthermore, he failed to land a hit against a wounded Garou after attempting to assault him and was severely beaten afterwards.
Martial Artist: Charanko became a martial artist under the guidance of Bang.
- Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist (流水岩砕拳, Ryūsui Gansai-ken): A martial art Charanko learned from Bang. However, he has yet to show he can draw out the unique features of the martial arts.
- The origin of Charanko's name is Txarango (pronounced "charango"), a catalan pop-music group.
- Charanko's dream training! Charanko dreamed of saving a lot of pretty women in the One-Punch Man: Hero Perfection
- Charanko's intro: I am Bang's disciple/student- Charanko! I would take down the strongest of the bad guys as my daily training/workout routines. Let me express/show you how my training is like!:
- Girl in bikini: Saving the damsels in distress! Charanko's words: Once I hear the screams of the damsels, I proceeded to go save them! And once they're saved, I shall...!
- Civilian Girl: When saving damsels in distress, pure women are no exception! Charanko's words: A lady with such a delicate figure and flawless hair! This is the type of women that I shall protect!
- Mosquito Girl: If I have the chance to bump into a woman with such a voluptuous body, how great can that be!? Charanko's words: What a sexy hourglass figure!
- Torako's Owner (Little girl in the omake: Lost Cat): You just wanted to be a ladies' man! This idiot! Charanko's words: After saving these pretty women, I might have to ask something from their cute little sisters in return.
- Charanko and Sour Face are the same age, but both are younger than Saitama, who is 25.
- ↑ One-Punch Man Audio Book; Charanko, Learning
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 One-Punch Man Encyclopedia; One-Punch Man: Hero Perfection, page 188
- ↑ Audio Books/Maji Drama CD Vol. 4
- ↑ Audio Books/Maji Drama CD Vol. 4
- ↑ Audio Books/Maji Drama CD Vol. 4
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Recollection Of A Most Sincere Apprentice
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 13, page 11
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 29, page 1-8
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 45, page 1-7
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 46, page 21-22
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 48, page 7-11
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 66, page 13
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 29, page 4
- ↑ One-Punch Man Manga; Chapter 60, page 14
|Heroes||Bang • Sneck • Max|
|Villains||Garou • Gouketsu • Bakuzan • Benpatsu • Choze • Hamukichi • Volten • Rosie • Fist Fight Djinn|
|Unaffiliated||Bazuzu • Bomb • Charanko • Dave • Gatlin • Jakumen • Lin Lin • Mentai • Sour Face • Suiryu • Zakos|