Baquma was a humanoid-monster resembling an elephant. He wore a sharp-looking suit similar to that of a magician. On his ears and head were the letters B, Q, and M. Once Baquma absorbed several monsters, he became bigger and grew four more arms. He also held a cane, and floated along the ground atop a robotic vacuum cleaner (or roomba).
Baquma had a disregard for other lesser monsters as he would consume them to gain their abilities. Despite this, he held the leaders of the Monster Association, Gyoro Gyoro and Orochi, in great importance, as he did not want to return from a battle empty-handed and berates the retreating monsters for their cowardice. Like almost all other monsters, Baquma was arrogant and overconfident in his fighting capabilities, overestimating himself.
Baquma stops the monsters fleeing from Puri-Puri Prisoner, telling them that Gyoro Gyoro and Orochi will not tolerate any deserters. When they berate the monster by telling him to fight Puri-Puri Prisoner himself, he accepts their offer, then inhales the fleeing monsters, absorbing their powers.
Baquma then fires a variety of attacks at the hero but Puri-Puri Prisoner remains undeterred. The monster mocks his twitching, but Puri-Puri Prisoner reveals that it was the creation of his new style of fighting, Vibration ☆ Angel. The hero completely smashes through Baquma and ends the monster's life. The monster's final thoughts were of Puri-Puri Prisoner being a monster.
Abilities and Powers
As a Demon-level monster, Baquma was a very powerful being. He could easily dispatch the several Tiger-level monsters he absorbed such as Maiko Plasma. However, even after absorbing the other monsters, he was still not strong enough to withstand Puri-Puri Prisoner's Vibrating Dark Angel Rush, having destroyed completely by the technique from the hero.
Digestive Assimilation: Through inhaling a monster through his trunk, Baquma could temporarily utilize said monster's abilities. Whenever he did so, he gained a third eye and an extra trunk for each new power he obtained. However, after fully digesting the monster and excreting it, he lost the powers.
- Electricity Manipulation: Baquma temporarily gained the use of attacking with electricity from Maiko Plasma.
- Fire Manipulation: Baquma temporarily gained the use of attacking with fire.
- Ice Manipulation: Baquma temporarily gained the use of attacking with ice.
- Supersonic waves: Baquma temporarily gained the use of attacking with supersonic waves.
- Anesthetic Gas: Baquma temporarily gained the use of attacking with anesthetic gas.
- Venom: Baquma temporarily gained the use of attacking with venom.
- Parasitic eggs: Baquma temporarily gained the use of attacking with parasitic eggs.
|Baquma vs. Puri-Puri Prisoner||110||None||Loss|
- Baquma's original design in Chapter 105, had more of an Indian inspiration, wearing a belt and loincloth rather than a suit.
- Baquma appears to be inspired by the supernatural monster Baku (and the Hindu deity Ganesha in the previous version).
- His name is a combination of Baku (獏), Vacuum (バキューム), and Akuma (悪魔).
- In astika indian philosophy, the seven horns elephant symbolize Mūlādhāra chakra in yoga jargon. Moreover, one of its horns represent the element of plasma, that probably refers to the fact Baquma absorbed Maiko Plasma.
- Baquma is a reference to the monster Bakyuuma from the Power Ranger series who also absorbed monsters.